Leaving well-established groups can be difficult and sometimes emotional. When everyone in the group collaborates as a team and shares the same vision, magic happens and thinga run smoothly and efficiently.
There was a group I was part of that was hard to keave during my time teaching in France. We were a team of labguage counselors/teachers from all parts of The United States with a director native to France. We all had a single goal and that was to give our very best to the children we encountered in our classrooms during their time with us. Every single member if the group felt valued and felt their strengths were properly utilized in different arenas whether it be planning activities or creating daily lesson plans. Eventually, friendships formed as well and we would celebrate by taking weekend vacations to nearby cities in southern France to decompress from the crazy week.
When it was time to leave and go back to our respective states, tears were shed but not before we broke open a bottle of wine and danced the night away to celebrate a great spring season of teaching. Being part of quality groups builds professional and personal interpersonal skills that allow you the ability to communicate and interact in a clear and effective way. Sometimes its hard to adjourn from these groups because relationships, trust, and loyalty eventually are built in response to the bonds created.
Its been two years since my team and I worked together but we stay in contact via social media and make plans to try and see each other when we are in each others cities.
Hi Chanel. You've had some wonderful teamwork experiences that was successful for the group and especially the children you encountered. When you build these kinds of relationships it can be difficult and emotional to adjourn. It is so encouraging, motivating and inspiring to hear that you have developed personal and long term bonds with your team.
ReplyDeleteAnother great post. Thank you for sharing.
It sounds like you had a great experience working in a group. Those types of groups are the best because you make lifelong friendship but are so hard to end. I have a hard time leaving groups like that. I am glad you were able to stay in contact with everyone. Thank you for sharing your story with the class this week.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely memory! Experiences like these stick with us forever and create such wonderful hope and expectations for our lives. I imagine that was so difficult to leave. Sometimes when I am in the midst of an exceptionally peaceful or loving or amazing moment I wish I could bottle it up or press pause... Thank you for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteHi Chanel,
ReplyDeleteGreat Post!!!! Teaching in France that's so amazing, I completely understand what your saying that's everybody's goal when they become a teacher to make sure that they give their absolute best to the children. Your experience sounds very captivating, I'm glad that this experience left you with such good team members that you keep in contact with.
Dominique