Saturday, October 13, 2018

International Career Options

International organizations that would be an amazing career options include:

The Ministry of Education in Panama
http://www.meduca.gob.pa

USAID (United States Agency for International Development)

https://www.usaid.gov

WHO (World Health Organization)

http://www.who.int/gender-equity-rights/news/rights-child-convention-anniversary/en/

Currently, I work in Chanthaburi, Thailand as part of an initiative by the Thai government to bring more Westernized teaching practices to Thailand and encourage more English proficiency within the Thai community.

Afterwards, I will be working on behalf of the USAID in Panama for a two year project in doing something similar as I am in Thailand, but training teachers best practices on teaching early childhood education to decrease the education deficit in the country. The project is also an initiative to promote more English language proficiency to promote a stronger economy that can compete in the global economy.

A similar project is occurring in Pakistan where the government of Pakistan is recruiting native English teachers to help develop a curriculm that would better educate Pakistani teachers with methodology to best promote quality education.

http://idd.edc.org/projects/usaid-teacher-education-project

These international positions are where I feel I will stay to advance my career. It's my passion to teach and travel while bridging cultures and engaging in new environments. These positions also allow me me to use my knowledge and expertise to not only educate children of underserved communities but give back my knowledge to a group of potential educators that otherwise would not have it.

These positions often require international travel experience, teaching experience, as well as some multi lingual abilities. While I am conversational in Spanish and Mandarin, I am aiming to be fluent to have more mobility in the positions I am qualified to apply for. These positions also require an open mind and ability to adapt to different cultures and communities- often living below Western standards. These have the ability to take a toll on the health and well-being of an applicant mentally, physically, and emotionally.

I am thankful for Walden University for giving me the knowledge and skills I needed as an edge up to better myself to be a leader in global education. Before my degree, I had little knowledge and experience working with students in an effective and healthy way. Now, I am not only confident in my abilities but my abilities to train others to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I think it is amazing that you have the opportunity to travel and see what is needed not only in a class but in a community that is different from here in the U.S. for example. Looking at the shared organizations that are global gives me a better insight to what is happening around the world and makes me feel more passionate to helping my students and further toward the traveling to other places to teach! This is great! Thank you for what you do!
    Cassandra Richards

    ReplyDelete