Saturday, February 25, 2017

Standards to live by

Good Morning loves.

This post will be a bit shorter than usual because I'm currently hospitalized for food poisoning. I have a blazing migraine and can barely hold down any food and all I want to do is sleep but I wanted to get this blog up and posted.

The three ethics from NAEYC that I personally identify with are:

Recognize that children are best understood and
supported in the context of family, culture,* community,
and society
• Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each
individual (child, family member, and colleague)
• Respect diversity in children, families, and colleagues

I chose these three standards because I am a huge advocate for diversity inside and outside the classroom. With diversity comes different cultures and people from various backgrounds that we may or may not understand. Understanding a person's background and culture not only give us insight into the child's unique tapestry but how we can understand children and learn to teach based on their upbringing.

Understanding that certain children from from communities that are high sensory would encourage educators to use more methods of sensory integration in there lesson planning and teaching strategies. Some children may come from households where there is a lot of manual labor or hand work. Using this knowledge, teachers are able to incorporate more kinestetic forms of teaching .

Students are a reflection of the world around us and we as educators must adapt to this change by reflecting the diversity as well as by adapting our lessons, teaching strategies, and communication to better serve each family that walks into our classrooms.

6 comments:

  1. I sure hope you feel better and SOON!
    As I have agreed with you before diversity and its acceptance to early childhood is important. Understanding different cultures working with children creates great teamwork in teaching children basic fundamentals as well as allowing them to accept who they are and others. The DEC and NAEYC ethic codes support that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get Well Soon!! Also you stressed respect throughout your post. It takes you alooonng way. NAEYC is one of the biggest companies to me and they know exactly how to encourage and support families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get well soon. I feel that understanding different cultures play a major role in the education field. Sometimes we can get caught up relying on one individual thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. I am sure it is hard being that you have a young child. I think those that you chose are very important to the early childhood field.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chanel, I hope you are felling much better. I wanted to take the time to tell you, I have truly enjoyed reading your blogs throughout this course. Thank you for providing information to the class. You have a wonderful outlook on like and I wish you much success in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chanel, I have really enjoyed you during these eight weeks of class. You have truly inspired me to continue my education and be inspiring to others. You always had encouraging words each week for your post.

    ReplyDelete